SARA: Setia Alam Residents' Forum

Setia Alam online community
It is currently Sun 26 Oct 2014 9:47

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 74  Next
 Post subject: Re: Air Conditioner
PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar 2011 22:10 
Penduduk

lng wrote:
Guys i need to service my old aircond not cold enought liao Any good technicians around SA that can be trust Pls provide me their contact num thx.

Hi, I too looking for technician to service my air cond. Anyone has the contact no.?
Thank you!!

PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar 2011 11:28 
Dato

Are you a resident?: Yes
We have been using panasonic for 2 yrs plus. We have good experience with this brand.

Fan I am not sure as we r using Alpha.

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar 2011 22:41 
Pegawai Daerah

Mrs x, is econavi the latest model for non-inverter type? Are there other models?

PostPosted: Thu 24 Mar 2011 22:50 
Dato

we went to a few shops. seems to be the latest model with patrol sensor, econavi, ionizer, non inverter type. it can even detect whether the air is clean or dirty. will turn colour. we put 1.5 hp at our masterbedroom, cold like mad...

PostPosted: Thu 24 Mar 2011 23:25 
Pegawai Daerah

mrs.xtremesoul wrote:
we went to a few shops. seems to be the latest model with patrol sensor, econavi, ionizer, non inverter type. it can even detect whether the air is clean or dirty. will turn colour. we put 1.5 hp at our masterbedroom, cold like mad...

Thx, will likely go for econavi.

PostPosted: Fri 25 Mar 2011 9:14 
Penghulu

Panasonic is also offering 1.75hp range for inverter.

If u think 1.5hp is not enough while 2.0hp is too much, this could be an option for u.

if 1.75hp inverter is not fully operate (compressor not running at full speed), the power consumption could be similar to 1.5hp... my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Fri 25 Mar 2011 10:30 
Tan Sri

chiach wrote:

If u think 1.5hp is not enough while 2.0hp is too much, this could be an option for u.

if 1.75hp inverter is not fully operate (compressor not running at full speed), the power consumption could be similar to 1.5hp... my 2 cents.

Panasonic inverter uses R410A refrigerant which requires different size copper tubing.
Need to change the copper tubing provided by Setia for Eco Park homes which are for R22
refrigerant.

PostPosted: Fri 25 Mar 2011 10:49 
Penghulu

hebronep wrote:
chiach wrote:

Panasonic inverter uses R410A refrigerant which requires different size copper tubing.
Need to change the copper tubing provided by Setia for Eco Park homes which are for R22
refrigerant.

too bad...
most of the inverter in the market using R410a, but some Daikin inverter models are using R22.

Furthermore, number of wires required for indoor-outdoor units connection is 3 (including earth wire) for non-inverter, while 4 (including earth wire) or more (depends on brand) for inverter. If conceal wiring done before u choose ur system, better to put more wires.

Tell u an actual story, many cheaplak installer in the market using the same tube used for R22 in R410a system. Not only that, if not enuf wires when ur conceal wiring done in prior, they dont even make earth connection between indoor and outdoor. But, they still charge u higher for inverter system's installation, becoz, they think that "THE USER WONT KNOW..."

next time when u install an inverter, please check this properly...

PostPosted: Fri 25 Mar 2011 12:20 
Dato

agreed. :)

PostPosted: Fri 25 Mar 2011 21:51 
Penghulu

Ya lor many of them just cincai of work. I am looking ppl to service my daikin inverter r22 type. I don't really trust some ppl bcoz they might charge me more expensive bcoz inverter and some might not do the job properly.
Any reliable air con man?
Speaking of installing those R410 air con, if they just put normal pipe, but of course can be use, who knows long term got prob. That is always my concern as I thinking to change my daikin to other room and find a 1.5 pana inverter. Daikin cooling just too slow the btu is quite low, but overall it consider quite and ok. Just recently started to give noise in the blower.

PostPosted: Mon 28 Mar 2011 8:33 
Penghulu

jojomojo wrote:
Ya lor many of them just cincai of work. I am looking ppl to service my daikin inverter r22 type. I don't really trust some ppl bcoz they might charge me more expensive bcoz inverter and some might not do the job properly.
Any reliable air con man?
Speaking of installing those R410 air con, if they just put normal pipe, but of course can be use, who knows long term got prob. That is always my concern as I thinking to change my daikin to other room and find a 1.5 pana inverter. Daikin cooling just too slow the btu is quite low, but overall it consider quite and ok. Just recently started to give noise in the blower.

Daikin is considered one of the best brand for inverter. Once you check the parts used in the product u will know what i am saying.
The fact is, air cond in malaysia are almost 1/2 of its price against thailand, but the product we get also "1/2 of its performance and quality". :mrgreen:
Some are complaining Panasonic quite slow to get the room cold too. I never try Pana Inverter, so no comment on that.
About ordinary pipe used for R410a, in normal condition should not be a problem. But in mind that, R410a having higher working pressure than R22. In the event of overload, pipe leaking might happen especially in the connection area. Worst case, you will need to engage a serviceman to repair the flare area and re-charge the gas after some period.

PostPosted: Mon 28 Mar 2011 14:13 
Tan Sri

chiach wrote:
About ordinary pipe used for R410a, in normal condition should not be a problem. But in mind that, R410a having higher working pressure than R22. In the event of overload, pipe leaking might happen especially in the connection area. Worst case, you will need to engage a serviceman to repair the flare area and re-charge the gas after some period.

Inverter air-conditioners using R410A are small part of the overall market in MY compared
to SG. I have read that R410A requirement for the joints and piping etc are more stringent
and unless
there are competent technicians who do not cut corners, not worth to buy Inverter
Air-Conditioners using R410A in MY. That is why I bought R-22 Inverter Daikin air-conditioners
for Eco Park home. SG is different as large part of the market is R410A Inverter air-conditioners
which means that most technicians are competent compared to MY technicians who
mainly install R-22 based air-conditioners.

PostPosted: Mon 28 Mar 2011 14:30 
Penghulu

hebronep wrote:
Inverter air-conditioners using R410A are small part of the overall market in MY compared
to SG.

it is becoz Singapore will enforce prohibition of R22 gas very soon. R22 gas contains certain amount of ozone depleting agent, while R410a do not have even 0.01%.

PostPosted: Mon 28 Mar 2011 14:32 
Penghulu

hebronep wrote:
SG is different as large part of the market is R410A Inverter air-conditioners which means that most technicians are competent compared to MY technicians who mainly install R-22 based air-conditioners.

where got competency evaluation on air cond installer in MY? many Bangla, Burmish can also be air cond installer....

PostPosted: Mon 25 Apr 2011 15:22 
Penghulu

Hi Folks,

I got the following:

1) 1.0HP Panasonic Standard (for 3 rooms)
2) 1.5HP Panasonic Inverter (for masterbed room)
3) 2.0HP Panasonic Standard (for hall)

that comes with free basic installation (meaning hose can be seen outside and with bracket) and a 10 feet hose for each.

I want to conceal the hose which requires some hacking etc and the cost came up to RM1800 for installation.
what is the normal price for outside contractor?

because I checked with the contractor who did my my parent's house in Cheras, total cost for installation is $1250 basic charges and with 10 feet hose etc, not including the hacking etc and concealment. :?:

please advise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 74  Next