SARA: Setia Alam Residents' Forum

Setia Alam online community
It is currently Tue 02 Sep 2014 14:40

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun 09 Dec 2007 11:17 
Tun

Are you a resident?: No
This month Haven magazine featured a house in Putra Height that has converted the car porch area to be landscape area with sandstone walking path, koi pond, nice big palm tree, etc......I think the house is typical intermediate double storey link 22x75 or 24x75........The owner actually sacrified the car porch. Cars have to be parked outside the house.

But one you look at the landscape area, it feel so soothing and satisfying. I find te idea very non conventional and daring......landscaping cost with alotof DIY costed the houseowner about RM35k...you can imagine how green is the place is?

Do you dare to do it????

http://www.facebook.com/antikepin

PostPosted: Sun 09 Dec 2007 11:41 
Dato Seri

Are you a resident?: Yes
tengster wrote:
This month Haven magazine featured a house in Putra Height that has converted the car porch area to be landscape area with sandstone walking path, koi pond, nice big palm tree, etc......I think the house is typical intermediate double storey link 22x75 or 24x75........The owner actually sacrified the car porch. Cars have to be parked outside the house.

But one you look at the landscape area, it feel so soothing and satisfying. I find te idea very non conventional and daring......landscaping cost with alotof DIY costed the houseowner about RM35k...you can imagine how green is the place is?

Do you dare to do it????

can scan the pictures and share with us ar? looks pretty interesting ... I dun mind sacrify half of my car porch in my future home to convert into a garden :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09 Dec 2007 11:46 
Tun

Are you a resident?: No
will do it next time....next few weeks will be damn busy for me...

http://www.facebook.com/antikepin

PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec 2007 9:30 
Penghulu

klang_guy wrote:
tengster wrote:

Do you dare to do it????

can scan the pictures and share with us ar? looks pretty interesting ... I dun mind sacrify half of my car porch in my future home to convert into a garden :)

Yes PLEASE... Would love to see the pics!

PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec 2007 12:16 
Penghulu

tengster wrote:

Do you dare to do it????

I find this idea to be very bad. If u have one car, then it is ok. If u got 2 - 3 cars, can u tell me where will you park it? Ur neighbours house?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec 2007 12:20 
I think the idea is fabulous for retirees, riding bicycles only. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec 2007 12:21 
Penghulu

This is something i noticed in setia alam already. Majority of the ppl wont park inside their house. They park their cars outside their house and into their neighbours areas. One house opposite us, park their cars by the side lane. Another one parks their 4 cars into the empty houses next to them. Pathetic. Another one, leaves just the front gate empty for the neighbour. Crap ppl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec 2007 12:39 
Tun

Happened to my neighbour who arguing when they came back saw car blocked outside their gate. That's normal lah..... even if the road designed up to 100ft wide also will be the same.....

redhand76 wrote:
This is something i noticed in setia alam already. Majority of the ppl wont park inside their house. They park their cars outside their house and into their neighbours areas. One house opposite us, park their cars by the side lane. Another one parks their 4 cars into the empty houses next to them. Pathetic. Another one, leaves just the front gate empty for the neighbour. Crap ppl.

PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec 2007 13:23 
Tun

I will reserve my comment until i see the pixs.

But please be noted that PH's homes, especially the "D" series boosted 24 to 26' wide in width, and comes with internal courtyard just next to the carporch. So even when you decorate the courtyard and some part of frontage, it still won't take up much of your place to park 2 cars.

About owners park their cars indiscriminately, this is expected. Most housing estates do not cater for visitor car parks as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec 2007 10:07 
Tun

redhand76 wrote:

actually, happens everywhere and not just SA. if the fella owns a few cars and can't squeeze them all in, ok lar, can understand a bit. but ya, i'm kinda puzzled by those who have only 1-2 cars but like to park their cars outside instead. lazy to open gate?!?

currently at my parent's place, there's a house (2 units away) rented out to a few guys (i think like 4-5 guys). each have their own car. so now they park at every small space they can find... including the space between two houses. it's become a difficult task reversing my car out these days as I will have really be steer my car properly... But what if one day I knock onto one of the cars... Who's fault?!?

the only thing i can say... if you find it annoying that ppl park outside your house, then be the first few to move in, quickly plant some trees outside... :)

Need more space? Check out these Pro packages OR ask me! :)

Setia Alam twittering @ http://twitter.com/setiaalam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec 2007 10:22 
Penghulu

Plant tree, put your tong sampah there...ahahahha...very kiasu. akakakakakak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec 2007 11:36 
Penghulu

I really believe in forming an understanding, caring community in BSA, but i can't help but to agree with you guys!

:twisted:

EHEHEHEHHE... I dont like it when ppl park their cars outside my house... It ticks me off... especially when they dont care that i just turfed the area and planted some plants... it makes me MAD!

:evil:

Plant some thorny bushes? hmmm maybe a bit xtreme, but if plant big tree then no place for guest to park when they visit...

maybe must have those removal barricades, like some parking areas !

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec 2007 16:12 
Tun

kutitata wrote:
Plant some thorny bushes? hmmm maybe a bit xtreme, but if plant big tree then no place for guest to park when they visit...

maybe must have those removal barricades, like some parking areas !

:lol:

if we do this, we're being selfish... after all, we cannot practice double-standard and say our car or our friend's cars can park at the area but not others. :)

for me, if the car can really squeeze in and dun coz any inconvenience, the ok la... can't say much coz its public area. but if i accidentally dent it (esp if its parked too close, etc), then sorry lor... :)

i'm sure those who paid extra for the greens infront of them is expecting to see GREEN, not a car park! :)

Need more space? Check out these Pro packages OR ask me! :)

Setia Alam twittering @ http://twitter.com/setiaalam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec 2007 17:26 
Penghulu

As long as the car is not blocking the entry to the house, it is perfectly ok. But being an typical person, I sure don't like it - feel like being invaded even though still outside the gate! hahahha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec 2007 21:08 
Penghulu

frankly, me oso dun like it :(
tat y my dad bought a cornet lot in USJ.
So tat xtra land can b used to park our cars and frens too...
No need curi park neighbour place...
Bare in mind - we have alot of cars ourself too...
Now, we ord have 4 cars.... all parked inside...
Yes all inside...
Oni during weekends, we rather park cars outside during daytime
Coz ez to go in-out hse... oni at night, adjust all cars inside...
which 1st, 2nd blah2...
Evynite oso ppl will park there... but on Fri, pandai2 lar...
Sometimes, 3 cars park outside on Fri... heck the whole weekend!
Left oni our maindoor for exit....
How lar if all our cars out and back... queue to park main gate...
Or having a tussle of reversing car each time family wanna go out,
then repeat the reserve routine again and again...

All this comes down to common sense...
And oso some understanding mah...
Coz i believe priority still belongs to hse owner rite...
Oh ya, belakang still got padang, park there and walk abit mah :(
Darn, that's wat my family did when got no more parking space avail
And dun wanna get into the tussle of reversing routine again :oops:
Sometimes... i oso dunno how these ppl thk :roll:

P/s: Bro Tengster, dun forget yeah, pics :D